What's in a name?
Write down your full name and anything you know about your name.
- How did you come to be named?
- Who made the decision on your official name?
- What nicknames do you have? Who gave them to you and why?
Hope Elizabeth Everts
I was named by my father. Actually, my parents were going to name me Kami (Ka-from my sister Kari's name and mi from my sister Jami's name). However, my dad when he was in the Air force babysat for a woman who named her daughter Hope Elizabeth and my dad always liked it. So my mom went along with it. I have had a few nick names. Biz, which is short for Elizabeth. My life long friend, Katie, use to call me Hope I (not sure why, she just did). I have a friend from collage whom I ran track with, Sarah, and Mrs. Ellsworth's husbands who calls me Hopers. I have had a few teachers call me Hopey. I have had people ask me if I have 2 sisters. And of course I have to say yes and then they ask me if their names are Faith and Charity-there is an old saying...Faith, Hope and Charity. Now about my last name...my maiden name...Papworth (English). I am extremely proud of being a Papworth. I loved that my old initials H.P. were the same as my fathers. The Papworth's are intelligent and hard working and I wanted and still want to live up to the name. In addition, I later found out about our family history business.
* When I got married I purchased a piece of Papworth leather for my husband as his wedding gift. Then I became an Everts (German and Dutch). The Everts have integrity and are also hard working. I am proud to be an Everts and have my children be Everts.
Research about your name.
√ Check Homework
Share your name story with a partner
- What do names tell us about people?
- How are names a part of peoples history?
What was special about Stanley's name?